[sword-devel] .conf files encoding/tags

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 17:53:28 MST 2007

Background on my comment about the encoding.

About 2/10/2005, it was noted that a conf in utf-8 worked.

Late Aug 2005 it was decided that a conf that's UTF-8 should allow
UTF-8 and not latin-1.

There are many fields that have non-ascii. Some are UTF-8 and some
are latin-1. It does not seem to correspond to the Encoding= field.
If you wish me to enumerate them, I'll look.

In the conf, there are other rtf codes such as \b and \i. I can
enumerate all the exceptions to \par,\pard,\qc and \uxxxxx, if you
wish. The only modules that have the \u codes are for utf-8 modules.
The jsp code that displays the confs on the website are relatively
braindead and only handle a few codes. The rest, such as \u show up
uninterpreted.

Further, a few modules have html in the about field. The <a href="">
is only in the short promo at the time.

Personally, I don't have a problem with whatever decision is made,
but I'd like the conf's to be fixed to be consistent with what ever
is/was decided.

DM