[sword-devel] OSIS Schema for OOo?

jonathon jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 14:30:31 MST 2007

John wrote:

> DocBook) for OpenOffice which would add a "Save As..." for OSIS

I looked at the idea back in 2004, and concluded I didn't know enough
about XML to implement it correctly.

Sometime in 2005 I found a page on the official OSIS site that stated
that the developers of the Word2003 OSIS plugin in gave up on
attempting to create something similar for OOo, because it was beyond
their ability to do so.

On another list (whose URL I've forgotten), the conclusion was that it
is is technically  impossible to create and OSIS2ODF filter.

FWIW, I do think that it is possible, but technically challenging,
because OSIS markup is content-orientated, not display orientated.

xan

jonathon