[sword-devel] Counting Keys in a Module

Jeremy Erickson jerickson314 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 14 10:11:21 MST 2007

Hi,
	What is the proper way in Sword to quickly determine the number of keys in a
module?  Currently in BibleTime we use the following code to determine the
starting and ending indices:

    *m_module = sword::TOP;
    unsigned long verseLowIndex = m_module->Index();
    *m_module = sword::BOTTOM;
    unsigned long verseHighIndex = m_module->Index();

This code works as expected when the module is a Bible, but it does not work
when the module is a Lexicon.  In this case, the Index() function always
returns 0.  Is this because StrKey does not reimplement the Index() function?
In any case, what would the cleanest way for me to count the keys in a module
be, so that it works with all types of modules?

-Jeremy Erickson