[sword-devel] BibleCS updates

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Mar 11 11:06:08 MST 2007

I have spent this weekend updating BibleCS to compile with Borland's new
free Turbo C++ compilers.
In the process, I've updated to the latest version some of the 3rd party
classes we use:
rxlib
TnTControls

Everything is not completely working yet, but everything builds nicely now.

The two issues I'm still trying to solve are both linker errors.

The first is from a function that used to be available on TRxRichEd
called SearchText.  It seems to have been changed to FindText, and when
I change our code to this, it compiles, but fails to link.  To pass
compile I've changed all the FindText() calls to FT() and added an empty
FT() method at the top of the file.  This is in our  TRxRichEditX.cpp file.

The second is on TRTFHintWindow near the bottom of mainfrm.cpp.  I've
had to add an empty NCPaint method to work around a link error.  If you
can remove this empty method (and in the .h file) and get things
linking, that would be great!

Thanks for any help.

You can download the new IDE here:

http://www.turboexplorer.com/