[sword-devel] compressing LD modules

Adrian Korten adrian_korten at sil.org
Fri Mar 2 02:18:02 MST 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 00:46:13 +0200
 Joachim Ansorg <nospam+sword-devel at joachim-ansorg.de> wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
> I hope that I can help you with this.
>

> > I have created a Thai dictionary module that displays fine in RawLD format.
> > When I try to create a compressed module, my latest attempt runs up against
> > an error in Win SwordCS of "Access violation at address 004F3389 in module
> > 'sword.159.exe'". I created the first attempts with an older version of
> > mod2zmod and the latest with the version on the beta CD. The module is
> > zipped but no cipher key is set. (I notice that most LD modules are in a
> > Raw format; is that because of the difficulty in getting the data files
> > zipped?) Can someone suggest how to properly compress these LD modules?
>
> I did that for GerHfaLex2002 and it took me quite some time to figure it out.
> I created the lexicon as a rawld module and compressed it with mod2zmod.
>
> Here's a snippet of the perl script which call mod2zmod:
>
>  ../swordtools/mod2zmod GerHofLexRaw2002 \
> modules/lexdict/zld/gerhfalex2002/gerhfalex2002 200 2 "$cryptKey"
>
> (\ is to to make it one line)
>
> You see that the 200 is the blocktype although it's not mentioned in the
> command line help. 200 is the default afair, so it's not mentioned in
> the .conf file.
>
> 2 is for the compression type, i.e. ZIP in this case.
>
> $cryptkey is for the encryption of the module, replace it with a real key or
> leave it out.
>
> AFAIR it's important that the mod2zmod has been compiled with the same version
> of the library which is installed system-wide.

Good day,

Thanks for the help Joachim but I am still having problems as above with Win SwordCS version. I have not tried it with BibleTime yet. The mod2zmod and sword.exe v1.5.9 should be of the same library version. Below is the .conf that I'm using.

Adrian

-------------------------
mod2zmod tbsStudyDRaw tbsStudyDict 200 2 >report.txt
    --> then copied to proper directory
-------------------------
[tbsStudyDict]
DataPath=./modules/lexdict/zld/tbsStudyDict/tbsStudyDict
ModDrv=zLD
SourceType=ThML
Encoding=UTF-8
Lang=th
Font=BrowalliaUPC
MinimumVersion=1.5.9
History_1.0=Created dictionary from Thai NT Study Bible commentary
Version=1.0
Description=TBS Study Bible Dictionary
About=TBS's Study Bible Dictionary\par\par Copyright -- Copy with Permission of TBS\par\par These dictionary items are from a Study Bible published in 19??.
DistributionLicense=Copyright