[sword-devel] SWORD 1.5.10

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 08:06:41 MST 2007

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> DM,
> 	Just a quick note: Chris is suggesting TEI because the OSIS group has
> proposed adopting TEI lexical tags for inclusion into the OSIS spec.  I
> suggest either Chris add his work to the existing osis filters making
> SWORD OSIS functionality support the proposed new tags, or else invoking
> both filters with a config like:
>
> SourceType=OSIS
> LocalOptionFilter=TEI

I like the idea of stacking the filters.
Does this work now for Sword? (There is a TEI filter)

And does this allow mixing elements from the two? Specifically, would
this allow the having osis <reference> elements in a TEI element?

Should this change be part of the 1.5.10?

> I like the layout direction you've taken with the NASB lexical work.  It
> does make the lexica very flexible, as you have suggested.

There are two changes that need to be made:
1) Handle !a notation. It would probably be best to handle it
generically for all OSIS references and not just Strong's lemmas.
2) Handle self: as a prefix on an OSIS reference.

And should these be part of the 1.5.10 release?