[sword-devel] SWORD 1.5.10

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 07:03:48 MST 2007

The one change that needs to be done before the NASB is released is the
handling of Strong's numbers of the form G0019!a.

(As to when I'll be done with the NASB Bible and Lexicons: I have about
40hours more work to do on it. So that will be at least a few more
weeks. Then there will be a QA period of testing. Followed by delivery
of the modules to Lockman. I don't know how long they will take before
releasing it.)

I'm not sure what the right implementation should be. But stripping off
the !a will work fine, but won't work as well as it could.

The NASB lexicons are significantly different in their content from
Strong's dictionary. It appears that some of the entries have been split
out into multiple entries.

I'm currently using TEI for the lexicons. When there are multiple
entries I am doing the following:
1) Create a super entry containing entries for each of a, b, c, ...,
where the key of the super entry is the Strong's Number without the a,
b, c, ..., and the entries have the a, b, c (but there is no !) on the key.
2) Also create a separate entry for each of a, b, c... with the a, b, c
on the key (but w/o the !)

So ideally a reference to G0019!a would first look for G0019a and
failing that look for G0019.

The point of doing it this way is that one could use the NASB lexicon
with any module keyed with Strong's numbers and likewise could use any
Strong's keyed lexicon with the NASB Bible.

I don't know if there are any needed changes to the TEI Filters to
render the super entries.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to make the change to the Sword API.

For example (content obscured deliberately):
<superentry key="G0019">
        <entry key="G0019a">
                <form>
                        <orth>....</orth>