[sword-devel] spam problem with wiki

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Jun 19 07:03:43 MST 2007

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp wrote:

> Image CAPTCHA is fine if it's written well. The problem is that if a blind
> person visits your site, they are locked out.

In my eyes a well written test is one which includes an link to a sound
file. But again, I don't know if MediaWiki supports such or what it
supports.

We should also remember that the writing possibility with our wiki is
important only to a limited number of known persons (mostly Sword
developers). User account is a good choice but I already have too many
accounts in internet, therefore I would value a possibility to do
something without an account. Creating an account may be an extra step
which just scares away some potential writers (like with a bug
reporting system).

But all this is speculation, we just need something which works now so
that we don't need to delete spam all the time.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland