[sword-devel] atches for new Module Driver RawCom4

Doug Rintoul doug_rintoul at sil.org
Tue Jul 31 15:30:26 MST 2007

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Doug,
>
> Thank you for the patch!  I had just updated the comments on this bug:
>
> http://crosswire.org/bugs/browse/API-60#action_10732
>
> and figured it would be best to keep backward compat, as you also suggest
> and have done.  What timing! :)

After coming up with the patch I sent you, I did try to modify the
legacy driver and add a data size attribute to RawVerse but ran into
problems with the static createModule method. I had thought to pass the
datasize to the constructor and store it as an attribute but
createModule also needs to know the datasize and since it is a static
function, it does not have access to dynamic attributes. Maybe if I
thought about it more, I could come up with something more efficient.
> Reviewing your patch, it looks good.  You had included some of the
> experimental custom indexing code we had in rawtext.cpp, which I will likely
> strip out, and reviewing the patch also reminded me that we have some silly
> duplicated code which should also be isolated into a single place (prepText,
> et. al.).

Right. I just copied rawtext.cpp to rawtext4.cpp and made the changes
needed to increase the data size. I didn't touch any of the other code.
> Thank you so much for taking the time research the necessary changes and to
> produce a patch.  Wonderful!  Look for it to appear in svn shortly.
>
>   -Troy.

Glad to be of service.

Doug.