[sword-devel] GPL vs. other licencies

Jason Galyon jtgalyon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 08:43:21 MST 2007

There is always the possibility of dual licensing.  A company could
obtain special permission to use a less restrictive license given that
certain requirements are met.

I personally have long been a supporter of the "ransom" model.  When a
certain amount of time or income has been met the source is then made
available under an Open Source license.

Plus there are many non GPL products out there that have plenty of
contributions made from companies.  My company contributes code and
other components (not our main product though).

Jason