[sword-devel] French ligatures in Louis SÉGOND’s text

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 20:08:27 MST 2007

FYI,

The KJV has ae ligatures. The Webster's dictionary has ligatures but
I don't remember which. There may be other modules.

WRT to the KJV the tradition is to reduce it to one character.

My guess is that alternate representations of ligatures and accented
characters (e.g. umlauts) is locale sensitive.

It is easy enough to use "char map" or some other virtual keyboard to
enter them. Even cut and paste.

IMHO, our software should allow for the text to be robustly
represented and our search flexible enough to find the most
appropriate match. With regard to lucene, this can be done by
additionally indexing normalized words and additionally searching the
normalizations.

DM