[sword-devel] a PR opportunity

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Jul 10 10:26:32 MST 2007

I learned today that Preaching magazine is soliciting input on
software that is used in sermon prep.  This is the content of their
request for input:

| Rather than offering a link this week, we're asking for your help.
| The September-October issue of Preaching will include our annual
| feature on software preachers use in sermon preparation.  This year
| we'd like to include comments, testimonials, and concerns from
| pastors who use Bible software.  Please email and tell us what
| program(s) you use, what you like about it, what you don't like
| about it, and any other comments you have on using software for
| sermon preparation.  Have you come up with some great tools that
| help your study?  Share them with us!  Are there unique programs you
| use for storing illustrations, maintaining your library, or other
| pastoral concerns?  Tell us about it!  In turn, we'll share your
| insights with thousands of Preaching readers.

| We're looking forward to hearing from lots of you.  Please be sure to
| include your name, church and city (let us know if you'd prefer to
| remain anonymous), and send your comments to feedback at preaching.com.

ISTM that if there's anything The Sword Project could use, it's
greater visibility and more positive PR.  Perhaps a small army of
Sword tools users could make a significant contribution toward that
kind of public awareness.