[sword-devel] osis2mod title bug (was Re: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender)

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 06:05:57 MST 2007

On Jan 26, 2007, at 8:14 AM, Pierre Marc Dumuid wrote:

> DM Smith wrote:
>> Yes that is a bug. XML does not allow for entities other than a the
>> famous 4, unless they are defined in the dtd. OSIS does not define
>> them. So by all rights the document is in error.
>>
> well, the OSIS documents I am somewhat hand-writing in order to create
> commentaries and am using bibletime for previewing the results.
>
> I at times have loaded the xml files through a parser and
> discovered xml
> errors that osis2mod didn't pick up on and fixed those...

osis2mod does not use an xml parser. It assumes that the input is
proper. It does check for a few problems that would make a module
invalid.

> Is there alternative the following entities, (or possible to get them
> placed in the dtd):
> ‘
> ’
> “
> ”
> —

The problem is that an XML schema does not provide a mechanism for
the definition of external entities, which these are.
And OSIS is defined by an XML schema. So no, there is no way to add
them to OSIS.

However, I can see about changing osis2mod to map these to their
valid substitutes, if they are not there already.

> I just personally got these from:
> http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/web/codehtml.html

Go Penn State! Go Joe Pa! Go Nittany Lions!
(My alma mater)