[sword-devel] diatheke plain output - line breaks missing?

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 21:47:31 MST 2007

On Jan 23, 2007, at 7:54 PM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> DM,
> 	To sum up the previous thread:
> *plain filters are primarily for use as strip filters.
> Strip filters prepare text for searching, NOT display.
> A newline would prevent a stristr phrase match in some situations--
> primarily seen in the psalms.
>
> 	-Troy.

If this is the case I think that osisplain has bugs in it.

The following are replaced by osisplain with \n:
<title>
</title>
</l>
<lg>
</lg>
<lb/>
<milestone type="line"/>

Note, that some of these allow for attributes.

Of the element of OSIS that naturally produce line breaks, these are
the only that are handled.

I also find the following in osisplain
The text of notes are rendered between (). My guess is that notes may
be turned off during searching.
The attributes of a <w> element are rendered between <>. Again, I
presume strongs may be filtered out before searching.

I did not find any stripping of punctuation in osisplain.

It looks like phrase searching in swmodule.cpp at line 649 (that you
pointed out) does an exact match of the user's input within the verse
after both have been filtered by the same set of filters. I tried to
find where punctuation was stripped out, which must be done because
phrase searching works and verses may have punctuation, but I didn't
find it, having gotten lost at the list of applied filters. I am
wondering whether that filter replaces \n with ' '.