[sword-devel] HELP REQUEST FOR SWORD PROJECT

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Jan 9 09:43:37 MST 2007

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Peter von Kaehne wrote:

> This is interesting - are these the only strings which need translation?

I made the Finnish translation for the Windows frontend and found quite
many previously untranslated strings. There may be some left. If you
find those, tell us. Some strings which come directly from sword library
are not translated. Module manager is not translated at all. There may
be strings which have translation in the file but are not translated in
the frontend while running.

It's necessary to find all strings in the frontend, not only in the
file, to make fluent translation. Otherwise you cannot understand the
meanings of the strings. This it at least my opinion. To find all the
strings you have to install all kinds of modules which together have all
sword features.

You can ask me if you find something difficult.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland