[sword-devel] Copying scripture quickly for presentation

Bill Burton bburton at mail.com
Fri Feb 9 15:28:49 MST 2007

Hello,

Sounds like what you want is a presentation mode for Bible CS or other
Sword front end that would have a simple input field to enter the
scripture reference and then would hide the input field displaying the
verse(s) in a large font taking over the whole screen like PowerPoint,
etc.

Another kind of integration might be possible using a web browser for
the presentation.  Both Firefox and IE support a "Full Screen" mode by
going to View, Full Screen or function key F11.  It would be a matter
of writing a script or program as a wrapper around Diatheke (for
instance) to generate the verses to a file and then wrap it with
appropriate HTML and CSS and then invoke the browser with this file as
the argument.  You would have to configure the browser such that
subsequent invocations replace the existing content rather than
opening a new window or tab.

Also possible is a mini web server application interface to Sword.
You can then keep all your user interactions within the web browser.

Hope this helps,
-Bill