[sword-devel] Creation of commentary using osis..

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 3 06:45:50 MST 2007

Pierre,

With a reference like <reference osisRef="Eph.2.1">Ephesians 2:1</
reference> the OSIS manual indicates that the osisRef is to be
understood as a reference to the same work. So properly, it refers to
the same commentary in which it is found.

The proper way to reference this would be to include a workID as a
prefix, such as Bible. Then it would be <reference osisRef="Bible:Eph.
2.1">Ephesians 2:1</reference>.

To refer to a particular work, a more specific workID would be used,
perhaps KJV or Bible.KJV.

The workID is supposed to be declared in the header of the document.
The workID can be anything. It is the declaration that makes it
meaningful. But since Sword does not retain the document header, a
reliable mechanism is needed.

We have discussed this before and have come up with the idea that the
workID should match the module id (i.e. the name that is in the [] at
the top of the module's conf.

Having said all this, Sword does not support osisRefs that have the
workID prefix.

In His Service,
	DM