[sword-devel] SwordReader - linked verses ...

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Sat Dec 29 02:39:02 MST 2007

Hi there .......

I was aware that we currently don't handle 'linked verses' properly, but
had not realised that there were any publicly available modules that
uses them.  Until this morning.  I was looking at Calvin's commentary: I
think that's a public module?  That makes heavy use of them.

The library doesn't check for them, so it's up to the front end to
buffer the last verse, and check if a call for the next verse returns
the same text.  I had looked at this, and there's a problem in
SwordReader because the SwordIndex class hides this operation.

David, do you have any thought on where might the easiest place be to
put some code for this?

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com