[sword-devel] SwordReader - problem with Rev 22 - FIXED

David Trotz dtrotzjr at crosswire.org
Fri Dec 28 06:41:22 MST 2007

> Initial test seems fine.  I'm sure it's fixed.  Thanks for that.  I'll
> keep testing, as I do use SwordReader regularly anyhow and always the
> most up-to-date build from svn.  Sorry I didn't get chance to look at
> the problem myself.  The more work I put into the module installer, the
> more I find silly problems that take ages to get to the bottom of.
This is my life as a programmer, especially when I got my first real
programming position, it seemed everything I did took 10 times longer
than it should have. I have learned to patiently work through these
things, and have come to peace with the fact that everything takes at
least 3 times longer than you think it will :-P You a retired engineer,
you should already know this. =)

This is probably even more obvious than my last statement, but have you
prayed when you hit a wall like this? I can't tell you how many times I
hit a wall in working through a problem in programming and spending
hours/days on it, and then I simply remember to pray and in 5 minutes
the solution falls into my hand. I think its God reminding me that I can
do nothing apart from His help.

In Christ,
David Trotz