[sword-devel] SwordReader needs better performance

RLRANDALLX at aol.com RLRANDALLX at aol.com
Tue Dec 25 16:40:34 MST 2007

David,
I am with you 100%!  If I can't get to a verse or do a search within 5  secs.
I'd almost rather use my "snail bible" or wait until I can study at home  with
BibleCS or other system.  Advancements in miniaturization have  always
come with new technology and hardly ever by just porting software down  to
the smaller machine. If there is one thing that we should keep, it is  the
common library of modules. Since disk space is not really an issue I  feel
we should go with something like lucene for the search and get  rid of as
much HTML as possible for smooth scrolling. Worst case we could
create a utility "mod2pda.exe" to convert to the optimum PDA data  structure
for
these small devices and run it on installation of the mods. As far as the
scrollbars
go, remember that many devices have physical wheel that can be used to
scroll.

In His Grace,
Robin

E-mail: RLRandallX at aol.com