[sword-devel] SwordReader / Morph on / .conf files

RLRANDALLX at aol.com RLRANDALLX at aol.com
Sat Dec 15 23:43:39 MST 2007

Barry, et al

That makes sense to me.

I have been doing some research on .conf files with BibleCS to see if I
could uncover why "Morph on" does not work with KJV-O.T. and also LXX.  I  looked
at "kjv.conf" and "lxx.conf" first and noticed  "GlobalOptionFilter=OSISMorph"
in KJV but "GBFMorph" in LXX.  In  "options.conf" I found
"GreekParse=Robinson".  By changing this to  "GreekParse=Packard" and rerunning BibleCS I seemed
to have disabled the  KJV-N.T. In "layout.conf", I noticed that "Packard=" and
"Robinson=true" no  matter what I did in the program. In all my tests I could
not get the LXX  morphs to popup with the Packard code definitions. Of course
if I highlighted  the morph and did a Dictionary lookup with Packard in the
LD pane it would find  the definition. I also noticed that Strongs and Morphs
were separated by a space  in KJV but not in LXX
 (e.g. KJV: <1234>  (VF-GSM)  vs. LXX: <4321>(A1  GPF).
I still do not know how to interpret the "(8xxx)" numbers that appear  in the
KJV-O.T. Is there a standard Hebrew morph coding scheme that Crosswire  can
not get or create?
Anyway I have been staring at "mainfrm.cpp" to see if I can find a clue to
this problem, but so far am drawing blanks.  Does anyone else see the  problem?
It would be nice to get LXX working correctly since all the modules are
there to make it work.

Barry wrote:
>does that sound a  sensible approach to you?

In His Grace,
Robin

E-mail: RLRandallX at aol.com