[sword-devel] SwordReader - BibleCS window buffering

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 14 13:20:39 MST 2007

Hi Robin ............

RLRANDALLX at aol.com wrote:
> Does anyone else see this annoying flicker when scrolling thru the
> main window?
It isn't a problem with the engine.  It's the way the output from the
engine is handled.  In SwordReader, the problem is due to the incredibly
slow speed of the device compared with a desktop.  OTOH I'm still amazed
at how good the performance of the pocket PC is because of its size, and
tiny power consumption.  If David manages to improve the way things look
even more, that's just great, but even as is, I am still really really
impressed at what we get!

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).