[sword-devel] BPBible 0.1

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Dec 14 09:16:03 MST 2007

Ben,

The screenshots really look great!  I like the crossverse searching
capability.  We've had some thoughts about this for the engine.
Currently there is an index, 'prox', I think, when you do a lucene
search, which gives you some amount of fixed proximity-- I think we left
it at 3 verses or something.  But yours is nice, giving a variable
range.  We're planning on redoing the search framework interface, from
feedback provided by DM Smith and others, very soon, to allow different
plugins to be added more easily for searching in different ways.  Maybe
you could help on this effort.  I'd love to hear your feedback from your
experience getting proximity searching working in your app.

Great job!  Looking forward to following your efforts.  Please let us
know if we can provide any resources for your project.

	-Troy.