[sword-devel] BibleCS installer

Adrian Korten adrian_korten at sil.org
Fri Aug 24 03:12:50 MST 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:24:52 -0700
 "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:
> DM Smith wrote:
> > Did you also fix the personal commentary problem?
> >
> Yes; as stated earlier, starter pack modules have been updated.  I
> believe this should fix the personal commentary issue.

g'day,

This does seem to fix the issues with the personal commentary. I downloaded the starter pack a few hours before the update and saw some of the p.c. issues. Then I downloaded Troy's update and it was gone. I am even able to enter Thai text and display it with a hacked Win98 era Thai font (non-unicode). The Thai tone and vowel markers are now displayed above the consonants instead of after. I need to show it to some Thai friends for a real test. The font size is not reported correctly but that is less important.

One suggestion: when doing a download with the installer via ftp, could it show more of a progress bar? Underneath the ftp window, it shows the module that is being updated but it goes from 0 to 100 in one jump.

What installer package program are you using? Is it script generated or is there a gui interface?

ak