[sword-devel] Exegesis Software

Anja Hofmann anja.hofmann at ub.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Aug 16 01:47:38 MST 2007

Hello!
First of all, I would like to thank all who responded to my first posting.
Sorry for not responding earlier. In the meanwhile, I downloaded and
tried the BibleDesktop package and enjoyed it very much. If one could
take all those functions and integrate them into a web server, the
result would be extremely useful and comprehensive.
Paul Gear wrote:
> I'd be interested in your comments & feedback.  I'd also be *really*
> interested in trying to turn this into something for my final year
> project in my M.Div - any tips on how to make Bible-related software
> development a viable topic in a theological degree?  ;-)
There is one question for which I could not get a full answer yet, but
which would be very important to me:
How do ministers/theologians/students of divinity actually work with
such tools?
Is there any specific workflow/procedure that is taught to students for
analyzing texts?
If you interviewed your fellow students/professors/reverends about
whether and how they use electronic bibles and bible-related software,
examined this, and compared their actual mode of work with the ideal way
of using this software (e.g. features that are useful, but commonly
ignored), maybe this would be relevant enough.
Thank you very much in advance.
Yours sincerely,
Anja Hofmann