[sword-devel] Searching

jhphx jhphx at cox.net
Mon Apr 2 17:07:29 MST 2007

Chris Little wrote:
> If you run indexing on your text, you can use the Lucene search syntax
> for more complex searches.

If I should ever get around to updating the Sword for Windows help, do
we still want it in CHM format or should we consider making it a gen
book module? The benefit of having it in CHM is that you don't have to
have the Sword software running or working to view the CHM file. I don't
see that as a big issues except that it also opens from Install Manager.
If Install Manager can call up a page in a gen book through the front
end then there is no problem there. We could also split the installation
help off into a separate CHM for Install Manager if that is better.

Also any thoughts on what changes to the help text anyone would want? Is
there a good place to get average user input on the topic, if it is to
be updated?

Jerry