[sword-devel] Introduction

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 6 23:54:50 MST 2006

Hi Scott ...........

Scott and Roxanne Munns wrote:
>  - Any ideas on where I could help out?
Welcome - and blessings to you and yours.

This is just my opinion - others may disagree.  For me, the most urgent
need is for handling a flexible canon.  Bibles we already have such as
the Septuagint in Greek and English, and the Vulgate are incomplete
because the Sword API handles only the KJV canon (see canon.h).  There
have been lots of messages on this list asking for this issue to be
resolved.

Way back, Chris Little noted the number of canonic variations that would
be required to handle all versions properly: there were more than I had
realised - and I knew of a number!  The main problem seems to be
synchronising versions with a different chapter/verse structure - eg
different numbers for some of the psalms in different versions ....   I
don't think anyone is actively working on this, but there has been a lot
of thought ....  if you really want to get in at the deep end, share
thoughts on this aspect.

Ubuntu is fantastic!

God bless,

Barry