[sword-devel] HTML Designers / Papyri Database

DavidTroidl at aol.com DavidTroidl at aol.com
Wed Sep 6 11:59:06 MST 2006

In a message dated 9/6/2006 1:32:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scribe at crosswire.org writes:

Been  slow going still, but have updated the demo a little.  It uses
something more interesting: P46, page 1, recto.

It now auto-zooms  the image to the width of your browser, on load.  You
can still use  the mouse-wheel to zoom as you'd like.

New boxes duplicate the  dimensions of the last box and are initially
positioned to something sane  based on which (before/after) link was clicked.

You can actually type  the letter on your keyboard to perform the
transcription (provided you can  switch to a Unicode keyboard IME-- works
in GNOME).

The current  image is about 6 megs, so it might take a little while to
load the  page.  Something in production would probably initially load a
lower  res images until zoom level required more... but this is just a
concept  app.

I think I still need to redo the design to work well in  IE.

Anyway, have a look if you're  interested.

http://crosswire.org/~scribe/papyriedit/transcribeLevel1.jsp

-Troy.

Hi Troy,

I'm using IE 7 RC1 now, and the loading is interminable (on dial-up).   The
windows are very hard to size, the right side won't move at all.  And  the
scroll wheel is just jumping the image around, not zooming.

Peace,

David