[sword-devel] module making: note content, to display other than "*n"?

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 08:53:20 MST 2006

Karl,
    In OSIS the n attribute is often used to represent the marker to be
shown. (Some other elements use the marker attribute.) In the ESV Matt
1.1 has the following:
<note n="a" osisID="Matt.1.1!crossReference.a" osisRef="Matt.1.1"
type="crossReference">[<reference osisRef="Luke.3.23-Luke.3.38">Luke
3:23-38</reference>]</note>

I don't know which sword apps display it instead of generating it's own
marker.

Also, it is valid to just have <reference
osisRef="Luke.3.23-Luke.3.38">23-38</reference> without the surrounding
note. This should produce an inline reference with the text between the
tag being shown, perhaps hyperlinked.

I think that, especially in the case of a commentary, it should be
always shown and the hyperlinking ability be what's toggled. If it is
embedded in a <note> then it is shown when the note is shown.

In His Service,
    DM