[sword-devel] swordweb small updates

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 22:53:34 MST 2006

Hi.

If you point swordweb to Genesis 2:18, using the original KJV, there is
something funny happening.
In Genesis 2, at least 6 verses aren't there, and some of the ones which are
there do not appear fully.
Something like this appears to be happening in the NASB as well for Genesis
2.

This appears to be a filter error, as with rtf encoding, it works, but with
htmlhref, it doesn't work. It also seems to be a universal SWORD problem,
not just SWORDweb.

This is a big problem, as according to your FAQ ;)

> Are verses missing?
>
> Yes, we took the verses we don't agree with out.
>
> Of course we're kidding. No, verses are not missing. However, some verses
> appear as footnotes in certain translations, because they weren't present in
> the earliest or most reliable manuscripts. To view these verses, you need to
> view the entire chapter or any span of verses that includes the verse
> directly preceding the apparent "missing" verse.

God Bless,
Ben

On 10/24/06, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:

> I've added to the beginning of the parallel study tab a couple useful
> presets for which I had previously kept bookmarks on my local browser.
>
>     http://crosswire.org/study/parallelstudy.jsp
>
> I've also updated our live copy of swordweb to use the latest sword
> engine from svn, which fixes a minor problem in GBF modules which
> include strongs numbers and wish to have javascript output (like our
> swordweb application).  Now the LXX module supports word-clicks for
> definition lookups.
>

> Hope this is useful.
>
>     -Troy.

God Bless,