[sword-devel] Bug RtoL support in WinSword

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Oct 23 15:15:01 MST 2006

Which version of Windows are you using? Which version of MSIE do you
have installed?  Is your version of Windows a localized version?

Right to left language support is bad in Windows 9x. There is no
reasonable way for us to fix this for these versions of Windows which
aren't even supported by MS any longer.

Everything works fine in WinXP. I think Win2K is fine too. It sounds
like there may be a bug in the algorithm that detects whether to reverse
codepoint order in Win9x, but it was never more than a hack anyway.

--Chris