[sword-devel] The SWORD Project for Windows 1.5.9 installers testing

L.Allan-pbio paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Fri Oct 6 05:52:28 MST 2006

Some observations (none major ... good work):

* nit ... Crosswire license mentions copyright 1994-2005 ... should
this be 2006? (the Help About for sword.exe itself has 2006)

* SWORD_PATH environment variable over-written ... should permission
be asked to do this if one already exists (makes installer more
complicated).

* Running of InstallManager during installation is kind of unexpected
... the checkbox is to run Sword

* InstallManager Help should have "About" menu-item with version
identification

* Don't care for the initial layout (but maybe this is the way it has
always been?)
   - Actual Bible content is the smallest window.
   - Emphasis on Strongs number ... new user may find lower right
window to be unclear ... bunch of numbers

* Large files (ideally) ought to be shared rather than in
Crosswire\The SWORD Project
   ... icudt36.dll=8.5mb, InstallManager.exe=3.80mb

* During uninstall with remove modules ... files removed, but
directory paths left ...
   - didn't use InstallManager?
   - Left userprefs.conf

* nit ... Could installer remember the InstallerLanguage (or is this
nsis limitation)

* sword.exe Help About ... typo? Thanx??? to God for His GREAT MERCY
and LOVE
   - not an installer issue

Registry cleanup: seems complete