[sword-devel] Collaborative Timeline Project

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Mon Oct 2 20:25:11 MST 2006

On Mon, October 2, 2006 8:17 pm, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> Categories might include: Literature Authorship Date, General Historical
> Event, Reigning Government, Famous Person Lifetime, War, etc.
>
> These submissions would populate a database which could be viewed by
> panning and zooming on a timeline, and checking categories to hide or
> show.

A lot of that data is already cached in wikipedia.  I wonder if there
would be a way to mine those 'submissions' and index them the way you're
describing (by date and category).

Some possibly helpful links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Database_download
http://download.wikimedia.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Database_download/archive1

Peace,
Gabriel

--
               G a b r i e l   M   B e d d i n g f i e l d