[sword-devel] Hesychius / MacSword / 1.5.9

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at yahoo.de
Thu Nov 23 14:20:01 MST 2006

Troy,

	unfortunately we no longer have holiday on this day of Thanksgiving
in germany.
HE really must love us. He lets the sun shine and let the rain fall
above all of us. And everything is wonderful what he did and does.

Now it's really time to think of good but I will first tell some
results of my work:
The keys of GenBook are now checked if they are UTF or Latin. Is
there a general method which gives information about if a module is
encoded in UTF?
The indexing with Lucene seems to work correct for GenBook also with
UTF key and content, also for Hesychius. Searching seems to find the
correct results as far as I can tell. There is some XML content in
the content of the key which is displayed in the search result. I'm,
not sure where this comes from.
On double clicking on the search result row, the correct key with its
content is opened. But unfortunately on choosing a key in the content
pane on the right the content doesn't change, so there is still a
problem.

API problems from Sword 1.5.8 to 1.5.9:
In TreeKeyIdx getFullName() doesn't seem to be there, I changed to
getLocalName() and it seems to work, please let me know if this is
correct.
MacSword, uses BT_BASICFILTER class from BibleTime which is a
subclass of SWBasicFilter.
In a method in BT_BASICFILTER, tokenSubMap is used and the compiler
tells me that this is unknown. Have no idea why.

Here is a picture of the current efford for GenBook.
http://homepage.mac.com/manfred.bergmann/.public/msHesySearch.png

Best regards and God bless,
Manfred