[sword-devel] SBL/ETS update / J2ME / Mac

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at yahoo.de
Wed Nov 22 14:04:08 MST 2006

Hi all.

So, I had a look at MacSword and changed the search routine that
whenever a character is typed in the search text field, the search is
triggered and search results get updated.
MacSowrd is using Lucene for indexing and searching. Lucene by
default only finds whole words, so only if the entered characters
build a works that Lucene has indexed there will be a search result.
It seemed that some things with the JavaObjCBridge were broken
because search didn't work at first.
However it works again and I updated to Lucene 2.0. But it may be
that this only works with Java 1.5. I'm not completely sure but every
one running Mac OSX Tiger should have Java 1.5.

There are still some problems:
- Locale support is sometimes broken (only book names) and when I
have english book names on a german version than the search doesn't
work properly. The right keys are found but the contents is the same
for every search result. With the right locale (book names) this
problem should not occur. Interesstingly the book names are ok with
the debug version, with the release version it doesn't work.

Can someone that has a Mac can please test this and give me feedback?
Here you can download the app:
http://homepage.mac.com/manfred.bergmann/.public/MacSword-
release.app.zip
http://homepage.mac.com/manfred.bergmann/.public/MacSword-debug.app.zip