[sword-devel] Hesychius Beta

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Nov 20 17:26:45 MST 2006

I have posted a beta of the Hesychius module and have committed fixes to
the tool set which support this module.  Display software should 'work'
without updating.  This module contains UTF-8 keys and SWORDWeb needed
updating to handle this.  I'm guessing other frontends might not display
these well, also.

There has been an engine change which modifies the lucene index
generation to include the 'key' field as indexed.  Previously, it was
only stored.  This allows someone to search for, "key:someWord".  This
may, or may not, help facilitate both incremental searching types (key
or body) discussed previously.

SWORDWeb has been updated and the indecies build.  You can try it out at:

http://crosswire.org/study/bookdisplay.jsp?mod=Hesychius&gbsEntry=/

and the module is available for download to your favourite frontend at
the usual place:

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModDisp.jsp?beta=true&tester=true&modType=Books

	-Troy.

PS.  The reason for making this a genbook divided as it is was to
facilitate Dr. Bruce Winter's presentation on Friday, using the web
software.  Since the SWORDWeb doesn't have a nice Lexicon display tool,
I made it a GenBook, with DisplayLevel=2.  It seems to work quite nice
this way.  Ultimately we'll probably want to make this an SWLD4 module.
  Also, if Manfred or others are successful building a native tool for
Dr. Winter's presentation, I would be happy to change the module to use
the SWLD4 driver instead if it helps.  Thanks everyone!