[sword-devel] SBL/ETS update / J2ME / Mac

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 19 15:19:44 MST 2006

On Nov 19, 2006, at 6:51 PM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> Macintosh Lexicon Support--  The Hesychius lexicon has been
> imported as
> a sword module into GBS format using, e.g. /A/AD/Adam as the tree
> structure for entries.  Dr. Bruce Winter from Tyndale House Research
> Library is presenting this coming Friday and would like to use this
> data
> standalone on his Mac.  I have no idea how well GBS is supported on
> the
> Mac, or how easy the interface is for him to use.  Anyone who can help
> with this would really take some pressure off of me!

MacSword supports GenBook quite well, but it might not be obvious how
it works.

Here is an image of how it looks:
http://www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/MacSwordGenBook.png

Note that there is a "tray" on the right of the window.
This is activated by the icon in the upper right of the window.
The tray is initially closed when the window comes up.

The up and down arrows merely go from one keyed entry to the next.