[sword-devel] Links in OSIS GenBooks

Daniel Hilton dunghopper at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 16:20:38 MST 2006

DM Smith wrote:

> [snip] ... when a prefix is absent, there are two
> different mechanisms for determining the document to which the osisRef
> refers. It is possible to map particular elements via the
> workPrefixDefault header element to a work. Lacking that an osisRef
> refers to the same work.

You are right about that... In my own assumption I chose to ignore the
workPrefixDefault for simplicity's sake. But for full osis compliance, both
methods would have to be accounted for.

If I am not mistaken, Sword currently assumes that all osisRefs are to a
> bible of the user's choice...

Is there a consesus that this is an acceptable assumption?  Or does anyone
agree that the original document should determine each osisRef's target?

...Personally, I'd rather that we have the header for an OSIS work so that
> we can use it's metadata rather than creating new mappings in the
> current conf.

It would definitely be useful to preserve the osis header metadata, but that
doesn't solve the problem of mapping osisWork identifiers to sword module
names.  There could possibly be some way to encode that into a <work> tag (
maybe <format type="x-sword">moduleName</format> ) if such a hack could be
agreed upon, but the conf file seemed to me the most appropriate place for
that information, since it is useful only in the Sword environment, and
would be irrelevant to the OSIS document in other contexts.

Dan