[sword-devel] Translation of the bible texts

Jónatas Ferreira jonatas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 14:54:56 MST 2006

Hi,

The short answer is that the text is not Public Domain. No one knows
how it came to be known as a Public Domain. It is a Versão Revisada
from Imprensa Bíblica Brasileira (JUERP). You can search the list for
the discussion.

Also, I'm working on getting a portuguese tranlation (Almeida Revista
e Corrigida from Sociedade Bíblica de Portugal — SBP). They are going
to grant permission, and I think Troy is in contact with them to work
out the details. SBP is also going to distribute at least another
version as a payed text.

Jónatas Ferreira