[sword-devel] howto: mod2osis

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed May 31 10:23:13 MST 2006

On 5/31/06, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:
> SWORD does not currently have an end user tool to convert and export
> OSIS genbooks or lexicons.
>
> All software at CrossWire is not finished, and will always be such :)
> Anyone want to extend mod2osis to support this, it would be a great
> addition.  The conversion to OSIS of an individual entry is already
> supported by our filters, but recognition of a genbook, modification of
> the OSIS header to reflect such, utilizing TreeKey, instead of VerseKey
> and surrounding each entry with appropriate <div> containers is what
> needs coded.

As was exactly my suggestion :).  I'll take a look at that at some
point, but I don't know all that much about OSIS, so if I decide to
tackle that question, it will be quite some effort to learn about OSIS
before I can properly make modifications.  It seems like it would be a
useful tool, and not terribly difficult to undertake.  Is there some
sort of documentation regarding the preferred standards of OSIS to use
for Crosswire modules - such as where to put information regarding the
type of work that is being created, and how to break up the titles and
headers (kinda like DM's message in this thread about osis2mod creates
the keys...).

--Greg