[sword-devel] Re: Re: Offer help (portuguese module?)

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Wed May 31 17:11:43 MST 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:16:33 +0000, DArio Matos wrote:

> These are the Almeida Bibles I've tracked so far:
[…]
> - Almeida Revista e Corrigida - 1898 - British and Foreign Bible Society*
[…]
> - Almeida "revisada" de acordo com os melhores textos no hebraico e no
> grego - 1967 - JUERP***

  	Why do you put Revisada between quotes?  It is its proper
name.  It conforms Revista e Corrigida to the Minority Text and remove
archaisms.

> - Almeida edição Revista e Corrigida - 1969 - SBB [I own a hard copy of
> one of these]

      	This is a revision of the 1898 one above, according to the new
orthography.

> - Almeida Edição Contemporânea - Vida - 1990 [I own a hard copy of one of
> these]

	Another revision of Revista e Corrigida, now removing archaisms.

> - Almeida Corrigida e Fiel - 1994 - Sociedade Bíblica Trinitariana do
> Brasil ****

  	 Similar to Contemporânea, but faithful to Textus Receptus.

> - Almeida Revista e Corrigida 2nd Edition - 1995 - SBB *

    	 Similar to Revisada, but apparently less radical.

> - Almeida "corrigida" de 1944, revista em 1997 - JUERP ***

    	 This is actually the most popular Corrigida, or at least it
was until JUERP went bankrupt.

> I've found no "Almeida Atualizada" up till now, but with such a huge spam
> of Almeida Bibles only in Brazil

     	  As Ferreira said, it is a version from Portugal.

> I cannot see how Leandro's claim could be true, when even he
> realizes that there were differences (which he claims as
> "corruptions") between his printed version, and the Unbound "Almeida
> Atualizada"'s text.

  	It is not clear what you are referring to.

	I already said what are the corruptions: garbled text
(encoding, orthography, punctuation) and omissions (missing
sections).  Otherwise PorAA is Revisada, so I don’t understand how can
you keep your position.

    	Do you want me to send you, or publish, a few scanned pages of
Revisada so you can check for yourself without buying a copy?  I will
have to ask permission again, but so be it.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA     +55 (11) 5685 2219
http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/        +55 (11) 9406 7191
mailto:leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
xmpp:leandrod at jabber.org                              BRASIL