[sword-devel] Re: Re: New PorAA module for Sword

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Mon May 29 17:20:27 MST 2006

On Mon, 29 May 2006 02:49:26 +0100, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F3natas_Ferreira?=
wrote:

> I can only be thankful for your work with the corrected version you
> assembled. But, as you recognize, there are some problems with the
> copyright holder, and many people say that this text is not the same.

  	With no basis whatsoever.  Is it so hard to procure a paper
copy of Versão Revisada?  This is amounting to wilful infringement.

> So, and even if I say you're right (and probably you are), We'll
> have to stick with this version as the main one.

       	If you insist with this I will have to report the situation to
IBB, as you will be corrupting their text.

> I found the exact same text in several
> websites, including biblegateway.com. This must mean that someone
> initially did the work (probably in good faith and even with the knowledge
> and authorization of the copyright holder).

      	This are not valid inferences.

> As for JUERP, as you know, the original company went bankrupt some
> years ago. They will not answer, probably because they don't even
> know if they still can profit from that work.

	Wrong, and wrong again.

	JUERP is not a company, but a commission of the Convenção
Batista Brasileira.  It did went bankrupt, but being a not-for-profit
all it did was scale back.  They did answer, only asking for more time
and refusing to give permissions for now.

> I'm running my contacts with the Portuguese Bible Society to see if
> such copyright is still valid. Unfortunately I've been unable to contact
> my friend because he has always been away when I call him.

     	No need for that.  There is currently now way in Brazil a copy
right from 1974 won’t be valid by now.

> Anyway, I'll try to look for your message. When was that? 1, 2, 3 years
> ago?

	There were several in the last few years.

> Thanks for your effort. Thank you for not giving up with JUERP, asking for
> permission. I, personally, appreciate that. God bless you. For now I
> suggest that you don't make even more noise about this subject on the
> list. I think everyone is quite enlightened about the subject. You will
> never convince them about something that other sources they have say it's
> untrue.

	The thing is there are not such other sources, they are never
quoted.  Only misrepresentations.  I fear I can’t leave this at that,
as I really care for that text.

     	All I can do now is offer Versão Brasileira as a replacement,
but that would be a multi-year project.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA     +55 (11) 5685 2219
http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/        +55 (11) 9406 7191
mailto:leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
xmpp:leandrod at jabber.org                              BRASIL