[sword-devel] NA27 + punctuation + accent + strong + morph in osis format

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat May 27 14:27:10 MST 2006

> I got the text from http://www.tyndale.cam.ac.uk/Tyndale/Fonts.htm and the
> text there is distributed for non-commercial scholarly work.

Mark,
	It's not an issue where you got the text.  The NA/U text rights are
owned by the German Bible Society.  The CCAT text we originally used was
"for scholarly use".  There was no clause that allowed us to
redistribute the text from our site as a SWORD module.  I would guess
that these other sites are not fully conforming to the wishes of the
German Bible Society.

> LXXM looks really nice; I recently did a dissertation on PsSol so would have
> been handy to have known about that then!

Thanks, it was alot of work.  The producers of the LXXM data are aware
of our project and we're hoping to get permission granted soon for
redistribution.  The text still needs work if you'd like to clean it up.
  All the tools we used to process the original data files are checked
in to our source repository at:
https://crosswire.org/svn/sword-tools/trunk/modules/lxxm/  I can give
you some more pointers to get you started if you need help and would
like to share in this work.

	-Troy.