[sword-devel] NET: indirect references could be more direct

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Mon May 8 14:10:45 MST 2006

Hi Lynn ............

L.Allan-pbio wrote:
> For John 3:1, the 1.1 note is "See the note on Pharisees in 1:24"
Thanks for this.  We've had a fair bit of discussion about marking the
notes with cross references etc.  They really want looking at, and
there's a recommendation to the translation team that they rationalise
all cross references.  There is one (I forget where) that is so
ambiguous, none of us could work out which chapter/verse it actually
referred to.  I'm sure things will improve in this area.  However,
looking on the bright side, the notes are a fantastic and valuable
resource for all of us ....

God bless,

Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).