[sword-devel] ESV bug?

DM Smith dsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 11:37:02 MST 2006

Don Bedsole wrote:
> Hi,
> I downloaded the ESV Bible module, and looked at it a little last night.  I
> noticed that some of the "section titles" are duplicated.  For instance,
> Psalm1 is titled, "The Way of the Righteous and the Wicked." The Sword module
> ESV displays this twice, once in larger Bold type and once in smaller regular
> type.  I wrote "ESV bug?" with a question mark in my subject title because
> it's possible that this was intended. If unintended, it isn't a big deal, but
> it does differ from the practice of my printed version of the ESV, so I
> thought I would post about it.

This is not an ESV bug. I checked the content of the verse and the title
is present exactly once.
I am not sure if this is a SWORD API bug or a front-end bug.

On a related note, what is the distinction between a heading and a
title? In the KJV the titles of
the Psalms are part of the text and probably should not be affected by
the show/hide headings.
I did not find anything in the source to indicate that it is subject to
being turned off.

In OSIS canonical is a global attribute and defaults to off for titles.
Is setting it "on" the way to go?