[sword-devel] Problem reading ESV Mark 1:2 for some reason?

L.Allan-pbio paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Thu May 4 21:05:34 MST 2006

I've use a console app to test modules, and hit a problem getting Mark
1:2. The following "boiled down code" reads 1000 verses fine with KJV,
WEB, ISV, AKJV, etc, but crashes with ESV with assert message:
isctype.c line 68 (unsigned)(c+1) <= 256

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem?
vc 7.1 debug build using sword_api SVN head 1911.

The same thing happens reading 1000 verses starting with Gen 1:1 and
Eph 1:1. There seem to be scattered verses with some kind of anomaly.

void main(void)
{
  VerseKey* pVk = new VerseKey("Matthew 1:1");
  SWMgr*    m_pManager;
  SWModule* m_pModule;
  m_pManager = new SWMgr;
  m_pModule = m_pManager->Modules["ESV"];  // works with KJV, WEB,
etc.
  m_pModule->setKey(*pVk);

  for (int v = 0; v < 1000; ++v) {
     const char* text = (const char*)m_pModule->RenderText(NULL, -1,
1);
     cout << v << "  ";
     m_pModule->increment(1);
  }