[sword-devel] Sapphire, module cipher

L.Allan-pbio paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Thu Mar 2 20:51:55 MST 2006

IANASE either.

Something to consider (in addtion to something like a CRC or MD5 hash) ....
perhaps the .conf file could have a known pattern for the first several
characters and last several characters. For example, the KJV begins with:
"In the" and finishes with "Amen."

It something else shows up, something is amiss. Having the last expected
letters also gives something of a "sanity check" on whether versification is
ok.

I suppose providing the known letters is "leaking" some encryption info, but
it doesn't take much detective work to find out what the contents are. :-p

BTW, it is something of an anomaly compared to most encryption situations
... the contents are completely known ... I suppose CrossWire's obligation
to the publisher is to make it difficult to utilize without paying the
license fee.