[sword-devel] phrasal concordance

Jeremy Bickel JesusChristIsMaster at insightbb.com
Fri Jun 23 16:34:57 MST 2006

Yes!  That sounds like it's on the same track as I was thinking, except I'm
not sure if it would end up with every combination.  It would need to
consider not only "in the", "in the beginning", etc., but also "the
beginning", etc., that would need not only making the phrases longer and
longer, but should also start with each consecutive word, using every length
beginning from every word as long as (of course) the whole length doesn't go
beyond the end of the book.

The results might need to have an additional reference number for the number
of the word in the verse, so "in", "in the", "in the beginning", "the", "the
beginning", etc. would be referenced like: 1:1:1:1 (1 word phrase), 1:1:1:1
(2 word phrase), 1:1:1:1 (3 word phrase), 1:1:1:2 (1 wp), 1:1:1:2 (2 wp),
etc.

If a list of each unique word along with id numbers for each could be used
in conjunction with a book full of those numbers instead of the words they
represent, iterating through all the different combinations would probably
be less processor intensive (which is a major problem I ran into).  Using
numbers instead of words might also make analysis of the finished product
easier.

I hope my words are clear enough.  If you'd like further thoughts from me,
please ask.

JB