[sword-devel] ARC portuguese translation: SBP will grant permission of distribution to Crosswire

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 6 16:31:23 MST 2006

Em Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:20:15 +0100, Jónatas Ferreira escreveu:

> I spoke today with the President of Sociedade Bíblica Portuguesa
> (Portuguese Bible Society) and they are willing to grant Crosswire
> permission to distribute their "Almeida Revista e Corrigida".

	Sounds great, congratulations!

	BTW, do you happen to know how different is that from
Brazilian Corrigida?  They share the same name, so I would guess they
would differ only in our grammar, vocabulary and orthography
particularities, or perhaps they are independent efforts built on the
same principles?

> And I have even more great news! They are going to make efforts to
> built a module with their modern translation called "O
> Livro" (translation from "Living Bible") which they will sell on
> their website.

  	Not that it quite makes a difference, but would that be
equivalent to our ‘A Bíblia Viva’, which is more of a paraphrase than
a translation?  It is a great tool for people of less education.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA     +55 (11) 5685 2219
http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/        +55 (11) 9406 7191
mailto:leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
xmpp:leandrod at jabber.org                              BRASIL