[sword-devel] SWORDWEB Footnote / Cross-ref support

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Jan 29 21:07:19 MST 2006

Hey guys,
	Thank you for the feedback.  I will say once again for the newcomers,
in case they haven't realized it yet: I am terrible at making things
look pretty.  Anything that looks good on swordweb is due to other
people writing nice CSS and HTML, etc.  If anyone has graphic design
talent and would like to change some of the CSS styles to replace the X
and N with nice neo-conservative abstract art icons we could show
instead, I would love for people to use their gifts!

	Concerning hitting the server.  DM, you made a comment about jumpy
redraws?  Please be specific about when this happens.  It should do no
such thing.  I'd like to fix whatever the problem is.

	Thank you for the suggestion about preloading data.  Our first impl of
these pages work this way.  We've changed to the current impl because
not everyone has high speed access and some people pay by bandwidth
usage.  Those pages have been way too hot, since adding word click
strongs/morph lookups, to grab all the data in one hit to the server.

	Always open for patches and help with other items on the todo list:

	http://crosswire.org/~scribe/todo/